Radishes Sauteed with Cream and Herbs
Write a review
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp green garlic scapes, sliced ( or 1 tbsp minced garlic)
- 2 large bunches radishes, cleaned and quartered
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or water
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 bunch chives, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced on the bias
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Heat the butter together with the olive oil in a skillet over high heat until shimmering. Add the garlic scapes or fine minced cloves and cook until soft, 1-2 minutes.
- 2. Add the radishes to the pan, season with salt, and cook another minute or two, until they begin to brown. Pour in the stock, reduce the heat, and simmer until the radishes are tender, 2-3 minutes.
- 3. Add the cream, increase the heat to high and cook until the cream thickens and clings to the radishes, about 1minute. Toss in the chives and scallions, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Tracie's Community Farm, LLC http://traciesfarm.com/wordpress/